After having a lovely late lunch at Red Lobster we rode up Provo Canyon to Vivian Park. I have always wondered about this park and why it is named what it is. Thereis a small community of homes there and on past themyou find a beautiful landscape. I found online later that a man named William Ferguson owned much of the property at this place in the canyon that had been there since the early history of the state. It was originally called "Bill's Place." A little girl named Vivian McBride lived there with her mother and helped run the post office. Mr. Fergusen thought Vivian was such a beautiful little girl he changed the name of the little town to "Vivian Park." We had such a nice timeriding and taking pictures. We found a couple of nice parks where we might have the Strong Family Reunionthis next spring - as it is our turn to do it.
All in all; it was a great day.




1 comment:
So...I thought that I would be the first to leave a message on your blog. Looks great! Welcome to the blogging world. I hope that you enjoy it as much as I do.
Post a Comment